Constituent College of the Catholic University of Eastern Africa
Hekima Institute of Peace Studies and International
Position: Lecturer (Full time)
Hekima Institute of Peace Studies and International Relations (HIPSIR) is currently recruiting
full-time lecturer in Peace Studies and International Relations. This position is open to the
diverse areas ofinterdisciplinary expertise in social sciences.
Qualifications and Experience
1) Earned Ph.D. or its equivalent from a recognized university
2) Specialization in peace studies, international relations, or political science, sociology,
anthropology, development (with focus on peace and conflict studies).
3) At least 1- 4 years’ experience of teaching at university level, preferably with teaching
assistantship during Ph.D. studies.
4) Demonstrated evidence ofeffective communication and good interpersonal skills.
5) Evidence of capability to analyze the current trends in conflict, mediation or diplomacy.
6) Evidence of multidisciplinary research output
Duties and responsibilities
1. Teaching inter-disciplinary courses in Peace Studies and International Relations
2. Participating in research projects
3. Supervising thesis
4. Academic advising
5. Assisting in academic and administrative tasks
With the application must include the following:
1) Updated curriculum vitae including list of publications & conference presentations
2) Certified copies of transcripts and certificates of all the post-secondary institutions attended.3) Secondary school certificate and leaving certificate
4) Certified copy of ID or Passport
5) 3 letters of recommendation from academic referees none of which should be a relative.
6) 1 page statement of purpose on your vision, capability and professional development plan.
7) Latest pay-slip in the current employment
8) Certificate of good conduct will be required for successful candidates
9) Photo-copy of ID or Passport
Interested candidates are to send their applications to:
Hekima Institute of Peace Studies and International Relations (HIPSIR)
P.O. Box 21215,
00505 Nairobi, Kenya
The application must reach us on or before October 15, 2014. Only shortlisted applicants
will be invited for interview.
Here is a link to the PDF for more information: http://files.www.catholicethics.com/news/Lecturer_Position_at_HIPSIR_1.pdf